Monday, October 6, 2008

Fear Not!

Dear Brethren,

As we see from the news there are hard times ahead, but fear not says our Lord! He has overcome the world and we shall too, as long as we abide in Him. We can’t look to the government or any worldly institutions, but we must keep our eyes on Jesus! We have His promises to sustain us. The world will try to make us fearful with news of terrorism, economic meltdowns, and other news that’s designed to scare us into conforming to the world’s way of thinking. But if we’ll abide in Jesus and keep our minds focused on the True Gospel, read our Bibles and meditate upon the Word of God day and night we’ll be able to overcome anything the world throws at us, in Christ! Let us come to the Father through Jesus:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And then as we abide completely in the Father and the Son, remember that our life is Christ, He is life!

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

By faith we’ll live in peace, trusting the Lord for all our needs, always seeking His Kingdom and His Righteousness. We won’t be concerned if our earthly treasures are lost, because we know that our true treasures, our true rewards are in Heaven!

Fear not!

Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

No comments: